The Mexican Poppies have burst into bloom on the southern and western-facing mountainsides east of Wickenburg. If you have an opportunity to travel that direction during the spring bloom season, you will be rewarded with close-up and distant views of hills and peaks that are brightly painted with the yellow-gold color of poppies.
This photo shows the southern hillside above King Solomon Gulch as you approach the Unida Mine Group on Constellation Road.
Even the distant mountainsides will provide spectacular scenes with thousands of poppies. Some of these bright slopes are visible from more than five miles away.
Last 5 posts by Allan Hall
- Wickenburg Hospitality Comes in Many Forms - December 15th, 2010
- Calliandra Eriophylla is Native to the Wickenburg Area - December 9th, 2010
- Goodbye, Old Bridge - November 29th, 2010
- Abandoned Mines Part III: Preserving the "Whispering Ranch" Mine - March 25th, 2010
- Abandoned Mines Part II: Protective Closures - March 10th, 2010