An F-16D jet from Luke Air Force Base made an emergency landing at the Wickenburg Municipal Airport on Thursday, October 22nd. The jet, with a two-pilot crew, lost power at about 10:30 a.m. while on a training exercise and made a “dead stick” landing. As shown in the photo, the F-16 came to rest between the runway and taxi strip near the east end of the airport. The crew was not injured. Two other F-16s, that were part of the training mission, circled overhead for several minutes to assure that the pilots landed and had safely exited the jet.
Last 5 posts by Allan Hall
- Wickenburg Hospitality Comes in Many Forms - December 15th, 2010
- Calliandra Eriophylla is Native to the Wickenburg Area - December 9th, 2010
- Goodbye, Old Bridge - November 29th, 2010
- Abandoned Mines Part III: Preserving the "Whispering Ranch" Mine - March 25th, 2010
- Abandoned Mines Part II: Protective Closures - March 10th, 2010