The F-16 has been moved from between the runway and taxiway to the run-up area on the east end of the taxiway.
The first photo shows the jet sitting on a flatbed trailer. The second photo is a closer shot from a different location. You can see that the canopy has been closed and secured with a strap. Shortly after this shot they rotated the F-16 180 degrees so that the tail is near the truck cab.
I talked with Gus Haussler for a few minutes at the Master Aircraft hangar. He said there was discussion that the jet would be scrapped for parts because of the level of damage. In any case, it looks like they are getting ready to remove it rather than repair in place.
Last 5 posts by Allan Hall
- Wickenburg Hospitality Comes in Many Forms - December 15th, 2010
- Calliandra Eriophylla is Native to the Wickenburg Area - December 9th, 2010
- Goodbye, Old Bridge - November 29th, 2010
- Abandoned Mines Part III: Preserving the "Whispering Ranch" Mine - March 25th, 2010
- Abandoned Mines Part II: Protective Closures - March 10th, 2010