Wickenburg’s western style of hospitality is not confined to winter visitors on Tegner Street. One of the more unusual opportunities to welcome guests came in May 2007, when a flight of six Apache Longbow helicopters stopped at the Wickenburg Airport on their way to Idaho.
While an airport employee refueled the Apaches, the crews had lunch in the airport’s office.
Last 5 posts by Allan Hall
- Calliandra Eriophylla is Native to the Wickenburg Area - December 9th, 2010
- Goodbye, Old Bridge - November 29th, 2010
- Abandoned Mines Part III: Preserving the "Whispering Ranch" Mine - March 25th, 2010
- Abandoned Mines Part II: Protective Closures - March 10th, 2010
- Abandoned Mines Part I: Preserve or Destroy? - March 4th, 2010